Friday, October 2, 2009

Anthony Zerbe in Kung Fu


When I was growing up, in the late 1960s and through the 70s and early 80s, the Western was king. Bonanza, Gunsmoke, The Virginian, etc. I never cared for Westerns, so only watched them when one of my favorite actors was guest-starring, as for example Steve Ihnat or Anthony Zerbe.

The exception to the rule was Kung Fu. I was never a big David Carradine fan, but I liked the kung fu fights!

One of my favorite episodes was in the third season, The Predators, starring Cal Bellini as Apache Hoskay, and Anthony Zerbe as Rafe, a scalp-hunter, and also a man who knows that Kwai-Chang did not kill a sheriff in a certain town. Caine tries to bring Rafe back to the town to testify to who really killed the sheriff, while his men chase them, and the wounded Apache, Hoskay.

In the end, Rafe witnesses the humanity of Hoskay, and of Caine, and is changed for the better.

Click on photos to see larger verions.









































No comments: